ILION, N.Y. -- The Route 51 bridge, in Ilion, fully closes Thursday at 7 a.m.
The bridge will stay closed until the end of August.
The state Department of Transportation says a significant amount of superstructure rehab needs to be done.
Closing the bridge allows crews to work safely.
A detour will be on Route 28 through Herkimer and Mohawk.
- Route 51 bridge in Ilion fully closes Thursday — through August
- BREAKING: Water Main on Route 51 in Ilion repaired
- Second water main break discovered on Route 51 in Ilion
- Route 51 bridge rehab stage one detour begins
- Route 51 bridge project prompts road closure in Herkimer
- Ilion man in serious condition following motorcycle crash on Route 51
- Route 8 bridge delay impacts local businesses
- Flooding tears apart Route 8, closes two bridges in town of Ohio
- Route 8 bridge in New Hartford to remain closed until Wednesday
- Ilion water problems continue