ILION- Starting Monday April 15, 2019 at 7 a.m. contractors with the New York State Department of Transportation will begin installing a detour that will prohibit northbound travel on Route 51 north of the Ilion Marina.
Here are your detours:
Route 51 north and Route 5 east/westbound travel will be detoured onto Route 5S eastbound then to Route 28 northbound onto Route 5. Route 5 westbound exiting onto Route 51 southbound along with Route 5 eastbound to exit onto Route 51 southbound.
The contractor is scheduled to complete stage 1 in 90 days.
- Route 51 bridge rehab stage one detour begins
- Route 51 bridge in Ilion fully closes Thursday — through August
- Route 51 bridge project prompts road closure in Herkimer
- 16 bridges rehabbed along NYS Thruway
- Second water main break discovered on Route 51 in Ilion
- BREAKING: Water Main on Route 51 in Ilion repaired
- Route 8 bridge delay impacts local businesses
- Ilion man in serious condition following motorcycle crash on Route 51
- Utica construction: Detours for Seneca, Washington streets
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures