NEW HARTFORD – The State Route 8 bridge that crosses over Genesee Street in New Hartford will be closed longer than expected, according to the state Department of Transportation.
DOT officials say that due to inclement weather conditions at the start of the project, which began last Friday, and to allow for the safe completion of the new bridge deck, the bridge and Genesee Street between Campion Road and Brookline Drive will be reopened on Wednesday, Aug. 22. The State Route 5/8/12 off-ramp to State Route 8 south will also reopen on Wednesday.
Those areas were initially expected to reopen at 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Signs remain in place to let drivers know about the closure and to direct them to the appropriate detours.
- Route 8 bridge in New Hartford to remain closed until Wednesday
- Route 8 bridge in New Hartford is back open
- Route 51 bridge in Ilion fully closes Thursday — through August
- Route 8 bridge delay impacts local businesses
- Rome Train Station remains closed
- Zebb's to close New Hartford restaurant
- New Hartford Aldi to close for renovations
- UPDATE: Route 8 Bridge over Genesee Street scheduled to open on Wednesday
- Close call Wednesday
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures