STITTVILLE – The 10-mile Heart Run began just after 8:40 a.m. in Stittville, where runners will make their way to Whitesboro and then finish at Utica College.
A few dozen runners are participating in the 10-mile run, and some of the 30K runners who began at 7:30 a.m. in Barneveld are passing through as well.
Following a Nor’easter on Friday that dumped more than a foot of snow in the Utica region, the cold temperatures and snowy roads are still a major improvement from the sub-zero temperatures that plagued the Heart Run and Walk last year.
At 9:20 a.m., the 3- and 5-mile runs will begin, followed by the 3- and 5-mile walks at 10:30 a.m.
During this time, you can call 1-866-374-9588 to make a donation to the WKTV Heart Telethon, which will continue until 1 p.m.
If you'll be participating in or spectating at the Heart Run and Walk today, don't forget to share your photos on social media using the hashtag #WKTVHeart and we'll add them to our online gallery!
For a full list of road closures and traffic delays during the Heart Run and Walk, click here.
- Runners begin 10-mile course from Stittville
- Heart Run: Runners take on 10-mile course from Stittville
- Local runners, law enforcement talk runners safety
- Runners relax after a demanding race
- Runners and Walkers raise $23,000 in Rome
- New beginnings, new names
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- Runner collapses during upstate NY race, dies of heatstroke
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!