Utica, N.Y. - Announced Tuesday, Utica City FC have found their head coach to lead the team during their inaugural 2018-19 season, Ryan Hall.
Hall, a native of Great Falls, VA, entered the local scene as a midfielder for Syracuse University. He has also played professionally for the Syracuse Salty Dogs and Rochester Rhinos, as well for several indoor teams across the country.
As a coach, he led the Syracuse Silver Knights to a franchise-high 13 wins for the MASL's 2017-2018 campaign--in his first full season on the professional stage.
"Announcing the coach is one of the most instrumental parts of building any organization for the future," said Utica City FC President, Rob Esche. "And we feel that Ryan Hall's vision and past success aligns with our goals of creating a championship team right out of the gate."
UCFC General Manager, Tommy Tanner, a former teammate of Hall, had this to say about him: "Ryan's hard work and determination as a player has clearly transferred over into his coaching style and philosophy. He is an excellent leader who pays great attention to detail. I look forward to him leading UCFC to a successful first season."
The 2018-2019 MASL season will begin this December. An official schedule will be announced by summer's end.
- Ryan Hall named first Utica City FC head coach
- Ryan Hall, of Utica City FC, named MASL December coach of the month
- Utica City signs coach Ryan Hall to three-year extension
- Utica City FC announces 2018-19 schedule
- Utica City FC focused on division title heading into final game of the regular season
- Utica City FC looks good heading into game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals
- Utica City FC signs its 'marquee player' for inaugural season
- Couple ties the knot at Utica City FC game
- Utica City FC takes down Blast in home opener
- Utica City FC re-signs Logan Roberts for two years