ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Camden woman accused of stabbing husband of 42 years
- Camden woman sentenced for stabbing husband
- Conley Trial: Prosecution vilifies Conley, defense accuses Yoder's husband
- Ilion woman to donate liver to best friend's husband
- Police say woman fatally shot as husband was cleaning gun
- Dow drops 1,175, biggest-ever point drop
- Utica couple accused of forging form to get husband time off from work
- Town of Marshall : Woman's husband and son can't save her from their burning home
- Utica woman accused of stabbing female victim