ROME – Animal cruelty investigators are asking the public for information about a dog which was found tied to a log near the Erie Canal last week.
The Central New York SPCA says on July 30 a dog (pictured in this article) was discovered by Rome Animal Control tied to a log in the canal water. The dog was found on the canal trail at the end of Luquer Street in Rome.
The SPCA says they are looking for information regarding this abandoned dog. They believe the dog was intentionally tied up and left behind. Investigators say the dog is "doing well."
Anyone who has any info can call the CNY SPCA cruelty investigations department in Syracuse at 315-454-3469 or email email@example.com. The SPCA says tips will be kept confidential.
- SPCA looking for info on dog found tied up in Rome canal
- Susquehanna SPCA explains pronged dog collars
- Susquehanna SPCA Capital Campaign
- Erie Canal Bike Tour participants make pit stop in Rome
- Chicks Along the Canal
- Bridge removed, Canal Reopened
- Dog Saves Rome Man's Life
- Two men arrested in connection to dog found abandoned near Erie Canal
- Canal Corp. to host Frankfort meeting about canal trail project
- NY Canal Corporation working hard on Erie Canal winter maintenance