WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- An SUV crashed into a Westmoreland convenience store early Thursday morning.
Crews were cleaning up a mess at the Cliff's Friendly Market on the corner of Route 233 and Route 5 shortly after 6 a.m.
SUV crashed into Cliff's in Westmoreland. Photo courtesy: Randy Yando
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says Anna Nowakowski, 82 of Clinton, was attempting to park and lost control of the vehicle. She ended up crashing right into the front of the building, which caused major damage.
Crews were cleaning up the entryway hours after the crash, where a pillar was torn down, debris, bricks and glass were visible on the ground in front of the store.
A photo of a vehicle that ran into the building was posted on Facebook by Randy Yando.
Nowakowski was uninjured, but deputies say was ticketed for driving without a license.
She is due back in Town of Westmoreland Court at a later date.
- SUV crashes into Westmoreland convenience store, driver ticketed
- Police: Driver of fatal Westmoreland crash won't be ticketed
- Car crashes into SavOn convenience store in Oneida
- Deputies trying to identify driver that caused Westmoreland crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway