SALISBURY, N.Y. -- A 27-year-old man is under arrest and facing several charges and this isn't his first time in trouble with the law.
Karl Rice, of Salisbury is facing unlawful imprisonment, menacing, unlawful growing of cannabis, criminal mischief and harassment charges.
Karl Rice is also accused of shooting through the door of a Clark Street home in Ilion back in December 2018. He was charged with reckless endangerment, attempted assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
The latest on June 9 at approximately 6 p.m., troopers responded to 509 Thompson Road in the town of Salisbury for a reported domestic dispute. The complainant stated she was held against her will at the residence by Karl Rice. Rice allegedly prevented her from making a call to 911 during an altercation, took her cell phone from her and smashed it with a baseball bat. Rice is also accused of chaining the victim to a tree outside for approximately one hour and threatened to kill her and her mother if she tried calling the police.
Troopers began to search for Rice who was not on scene when patrols arrived at the residence. The female victim then gave State Police consent to search the house to confirm he was not inside. While inside, State Police located approximately 16 marijuana plants in plain view located in the laundry room from the main hallway of the residence. The marijuana plants were taken into evidence and transported to State Police Herkimer.
On June 12, Rice turned himself in at State Police in Herkimer where he was processed without incident and arraigned at town of Salisbury Court. Rice was remanded to Herkimer County jail in lieu of $500 cash bail or $2,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in the town of Salisbury Court on June 20.
- Domestic incident leads to Salisbury man’s arrest
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest
- Man allegedly choked, harassed woman in Deerfield domestic incident
- Kirkville man arrested following Verona domestic dispute
- Salisbury business a total loss after fire
- State police investigating stolen ATV in Salisbury
- Munnsville man accused of shooting gun inside apartment following domestic incident
- Three injured, two critically, in Salisbury UTV crash this weekend
- Utica man arrested after New Hartford Walmart incident
- Madison County man arrested for stabbing incident, following manhunt