LAURENS, NY – 121st District Assemblyman John Salka held a town hall meeting at Laurens Central School Tuesday.
He wanted to hear from his constituents and to update them on what’s happening in Albany.
Some of the topics that were discussed included the state budget deficit, education, the legalization of marijuana, and bail reform.
“We want to make sure people who are poor, spend no longer in jail than those who are wealthy,” Salka told the crowd.
“That’s just wrong. We need to speed up the court system so people spend less time in jail.”
The assemblyman also discussed economic development in Central New York, as well as the lack of cell and internet service in rural areas.
- Salka holds town hall in Laurens
- VA Holds Town Hall
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Brindisi Holds Town Hall in Herkimer County
- Salka, Smullen, Miller unofficial winners in Assembly races
- Salka defeats Magee in 121st Assembly District race
- Red Cross assisting 7 after town of Laurens fire
- Celeste Friend's First Town Hall
- Tenney to hold another telephone town hall Wednesday
- Brindisi to hold town hall in Utica this evening