Republican John Salka has defeated longtime Democratic Assemblyman Bill Magee in the race for the 121st Assembly District.
Unofficial results show that Salka received 51 percent of the vote with 21,974 votes, and Magee received 49 percent of the vote with 21,011. Absentee ballots have not yet been counted, and they will not be tallied for at least another week.
Magee has held the Assembly seat since 1990, making him the longest-serving Assembly member in New York State. This is the third time that Salka has challenged him for the seat.
In the 118th Assembly District, which is being vacated by Marc Butler, Republican Robert Smullen unofficially beat Democrat Keith Rubino with 64 percent of the vote. Smullen received 26,451 votes, while Rubino received 14,976 votes.
In the 101st Assembly District, with 95 percent of precincts reporting, Republican incumbent Brian Miller led the race with 58 percent of the vote, while his Democratic challenger Chad McEvoy received 42 percent of the vote.
In the 122nd Assembly District, which includes parts of Otsego and Chenango counties, Republican Clifford Crouch unofficially defeated Conservative Nicholas Libous with 85 percent of the vote.
In the 102nd Assembly District, which includes part of Otsego County, Republican Christopher Tague, who was elected to the position in a special election in April, unofficially defeated Democratic challenger Aidan O’Connor with 57 percent of the vote.
- Salka, Smullen, Miller unofficial winners in Assembly races
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- Salka defeats Magee in 121st Assembly District race
- 118th Assembly District candidate Robert Smullen arrested
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Buttenschon unoffical winner of 119th Assembly District race
- 119th Assembly District race preview
- Assemblyman Bill Magee unofficial winner of 121st District Democratic primary
- Race for the 121st Assembly District seat
- Seward, Smullen push to make community colleges more affordable