DEERFIELD, N.Y. - Santa is in Deerfield for the weekend for the Santa Run.
Friday night, Santa traveled through the North side of Deerfield for about three hours, starting by coming up Grace Rd. and down Smith Hill Rd.
The Deerfield Fire Department has been escorting the big guy around town since 1966. That makes this the 52nd year Santa has came to say hello to the Deerfield community.
"I think it really brings the community together," Santa Claus said. It allows for the fire department to get out and see everybody in the community when most of the time the fire department only sees them at their worst time so this is a chance for them to get out there and bring happiness to a lot of people."
If you missed him, don't worry. Tomorrow night he will be out again, starting on Trenton Rd. at about 5 p.m. and he will go through the lower Deerfield developments. He will finish his visit Sunday night on the South side starting on Cosby Manor Rd.
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Two identified in Deerfield shooting
- Spectrum Office in Deerfield Moving
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Car flips over into ditch in Deerfield
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Chicken BBQ
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Field Days