UTICA -- It was 10 years ago this week that the F.X. Matt Brewery caught fire on the season opener of Saranac Thursdays.
Smoke began pouring out of the building, as those in attendance listened to music and enjoyed their favorite Saranac beverage.
The brewery made mention of that night in a tweet:
"As we celebrate 130 years at the F.X. Matt Brewing Co.... we reflect on moments that tested our spirit. 10 years ago this week we started work on an "unexpected remodel" to our brewery... DOT DOT DOT.”
Right now there's construction and renovations going on at the brewery.
Through all of the devastation from the fire, brewery staff are hinting that details of new developments at the brewery will be revealed this summer.
It all happened during the Saranac Thursday opener, in 2008, when staff and eventgoers noticed a thick cloud of smoke coming from the roof of the building.
Everyone in the venue evacuated the area.
According to fire officials, the roof and third floor of the building collapsed.
And despite that fire being a bump in the road brewery staff say they've always had plans to get back on their feet.
Fast forward 10 years later, brewery staff plan to make an announcement about more new developments at the brewery.
Construction at the brewery will continue throughout the summer and adjustments will be made for Saranac Thursdays.
Brewery staff did not comment on the cost of those new developments... But they say they will provide more details about the project when they make their announcement.
- Saranac Brewery celebrates Octoberfest
- Saranac Brewery fire: 10 years later
- Brewery kicks off 20th year of Saranac Thursdays tonight
- Saranac ranked among top 50 breweries in the country
- Saranac, Ommegang breweries take home gold in NYS Craft Beer Competition
- Last year's Saranac Thursday total is breaking records
- Interested in volunteering at this year's Saranac Thursdays?
- Saranac Lake to host snowshoe festival
- Lineup announced for 2018 Saranac Thursdays
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night