SARANAC LAKE, NY (AP) - Saranac Lake has won $10 million to improve its downtown as the latest winner of a state redevelopment contest.
Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo traveled to the Adirondack village on Tuesday to announce the funding, which will support efforts to make the downtown more attractive to residents, business owners and visitors.
A panel of local officials and community leaders will work with professional urban planners to finalize plans for the money.
Earlier winners have used the funds to improve parks and open space, upgrade roads and transportation networks and support efforts to bring new residential and commercial developments downtown.
This is the third round of winners in the downtown revitalization contest.
Other recently announced winners include Watertown, Batavia, Auburn, Rome and the South Bronx.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Saranac Lake wins Cuomo's $10M downtown redevelopment prize
- Saranac Lake to host snowshoe festival
- Lineup announced for 2018 Saranac Thursdays
- Saranac Brewery fire: 10 years later
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night
- Brewery kicks off 20th year of Saranac Thursdays tonight
- State seeks bids to redevelop Thruway's 27 service areas
- Saranac, Ommegang breweries take home gold in NYS Craft Beer Competition
- NY Gov. Cuomo wins Democratic nod for 3rd term
- Facing Cuomo, Nixon looks to Ocasio-Cortez win