UTICA – Saturday is the last day of the year to recycle household hazardous waste items at the Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority in Utica.
Those items include paint cans and spray bottles and jugs that contain chemicals such as bleach. The items can be dropped off until 2 p.m. Saturday at their location at 80 Leland Ave Extension in Utica.
The Solid Waste Authority is also celebrating 30 years in business. When you stop in to drop off your hazardous waste items, you’re invited to explore what the local recycling center is all about.
“If you want to come down for the recognition ceremony, we're going to have refreshments afterwards and it's really just a way to reflect on the last 30 years, and also thank the public for all of their participation in our programs, because without the residents and businesses of Oneida and Herkimer counties, we wouldn't have had the successes we have had,” said Jamie Tuttle, recycling educator for the Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority.
Tours at the Solid Waste Authority will begin at 10 a.m.
- Saturday is last day to drop off household hazardous waste in Utica
- Premier Aviation to pay $40K fine for improperly labeled hazardous waste
- City of Utica releases schedule for picking up green waste
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- Utica celebrates May Day
- One More Green Waste Pickup
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Utica lands funding to remove lead hazards in 180 housing units
- Sanders proposed $150B plan to provide internet to 'every household in America'
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day