UTICA, N.Y. -- Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised to help with local animal initiatives.
Staffwork's Save a Life campaign has raised more than $680,000 for animal welfare programs.
These record breaking results will support 18 animal welfare organizations.
Representatives from Staffworks charitable fund and the Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida counties were on hand to announce the record breaking results.
A total of $465,000 came from the community and the other $215,000 came from matching funds and bonus money.
“There's no feeling like funding a mission that's so worthy. We're talking about lives here, living creatures. We're talking about our responsibility as the higher order to take care of these animals that are at risk, in need, starving, abused, abandoned and neglected -- right in our own communities," said Anita Vitullo, the president at Staffworks.
The following organizations participated in the 2018 campaign:
- 4 PetSake Food Pantry - Mohawk
- Animal Alliance of Greater Syracuse - Syracuse
- Broome County Humane Society - Binghamton
- Chenango SPCA - Norwich
- CNY Cat Coalition - Syracuse
- CPV Rescue & Sanctuary - Clinton
- Helping Animals Live Organization - Little Falls
- Herkimer County Humane Society - Mohawk
- Humane Society of Rome - Rome
- Kindred Spirits Greyhound Adoption - Clinton
- North Country Pet Adoption Services - Glenfield
- Pause 4 All Paws - Little Falls
- R-CATS - Rome
- Road to Home Rescue Support - Wantagh
- Spay and Neuter Syracuse - Syracuse
- Steven-Swan Humane Society - Utica
- Susquehanna SPCA - Cooperstown
- Wanderer' Rest Humane Association - Canastota