A Schenectady police detective is facing charges in the city of Utica for allegedly getting into a fight at the Celtic Harp on Varick Street.
Utica police say 33-year-old Steven Nelson hita bar employee.
Nelson, an active sworn member of the Schenectady Police Department, was charged with harassment.
The Utica Police Department says the incident happened just after midnight.
- Schenectady police detective accused in Varick Street bar fight
- Varick Street Takes on the Irish
- Possible demolition for Greek Revival building on Utica's Varick Street
- Varick Street staple, Reynold's Hardware, closing after a century
- Parade goers flock to Varick Street for the after party
- Man accused of stabbing three men on Varick Street waives right to felony hearing
- Arrest made in Varick Street triple stabbing leaving one man dead in Utica
- Schenectady man convicted of felony animal cruelty after killing neighbor's cat
- Rome men accused of fighting with police during CPS visit
- Owner tears down Greek Revival building in Varick's Scenic & Historic District