A Schenectady police detective is facing charges in the city of Utica for allegedly getting into a fight at the Celtic Harp on Varick Street.
Utica police say 33-year-old Steven Nelson hita bar employee.
Nelson, an active sworn member of the Schenectady Police Department, was charged with harassment.
The Utica Police Department says the incident happened just after midnight.
- Schenectady police detective accused in Varick Street bar fight
- Varick Street Takes on the Irish
- Possible demolition for Greek Revival building on Utica's Varick Street
- Varick Street staple, Reynold's Hardware, closing after a century
- Parade goers flock to Varick Street for the after party
- Owner tears down Greek Revival building in Varick's Scenic & Historic District
- Rome men accused of fighting with police during CPS visit
- New Hartford water leak detected, repaired
- NewsTalk: Sweet Potato Bars
- Police: Fight leads to weekend shooting on Mohawk Street in Utica