SCHENEVUS, N.Y. – A legislator from Schenevus is seeking the Republican nomination for the 51st district Senate seat that will be vacated by Sen. James Seward after his retirement at the end of the year.
Peter Oberacker is the owner of Form Tech Solutions, a food industry research and development firm.
He was also elected to the Otsego County Board of Representatives in 2015, and was previously a town supervisor in the town of Maryland.
“I believe that my experience in business and public service allows me to continue great work of our Sen. Jim Seward. I will be ready to serve on day one,” said Oberacker.
In his community, Oberacker serves as a member of the fire department and EMS team.
“Community service and giving back has always been a priority to me. Serving as senator in the 51st district feels like a natural step and one that I am excited and ready to take on,” he said.
Oberacker is a graduate of Schenevus High School and SUNY Delhi.
- Schenevus businessman seeking Senate seat
- Schenevus and Worcester may merge school districts
- Schenevus school officials say district is $700,000 in the red
- Seward pushing for advanced state aid payments to Schenevus CSD
- Big changes could come to Schenevus CSD with budget approval
- American Red Cross Aids Nine After Schenevus Fire
- Schenevus, Worcester School Districts: Merge, Tuition-Out, or Dissolve
- $25k in state aid granted for Schenevus-Worcester merger study
- Airplane seat cameras: US senators demand answers
- Valesky no longer seeking re-election to 53rd Senate District seat