SCHENEVUS, N.Y. -- Amid the school district's financial struggle, the hamlet of Schenevus is using the power of sports to bring the community together.
The school held a pep rally Friday afternoon for the boys baseball team – as the Dragons prepared to compete in the Section IV championship game.
Friday wasn’t about money or school budgets. It’s about how the Schenevus community is rallying around the team as they compete for the program's first sectional title since 2003.
Students and staff held a pep rally for the team, wishing them luck in the title game.
They even left the school in style, with fire trucks helping to cheer them on.
Win or lose – the community could not be prouder.
- Schenevus comes together to support boys baseball team in sectional title game
- Schenevus school officials say district is $700,000 in the red
- Seward pushing for advanced state aid payments to Schenevus CSD
- Big changes could come to Schenevus CSD with budget approval
- Adirondack shuts out Little Falls on the road; RFA, Cooperstown win boys golf sectional titles; Cooperstown wins tennis sectional title
- Section III Boys Lacrosse Tournaments
- Whitesboro's Section III boys basketball game slated for earlier start
- Cooperstown is abuzz over boys basketball team's first state title
- Holland Patent keeping eyes on section title
- Several local teams punch ticket to sectional finals, CVA's Shaut earns second state wrestling title