Senator Chuck Schumer is among several others who have introduced a fentanyl sanctions bill.
The goal of the bill is to hold the Chinese government accountable on their commitment to crack down on manufacturers and traffickers of lethal opioids that are taking a toll on our communities.
In addition to sanctions on drug manufacturers, the bill would authorize new funding to law enforcement and intelligence agencies and establish a commission on synthetic opioid trafficking.
- Schumer, others, backing fentanyl sanctions bill
- Sen. Schumer pushing for congress to pass bill that could help local law enforcement detect Fentanyl
- Combating fentanyl overdoses
- Schumer bill would require FBI to regulate body armor sales
- Back-to-School: Schumer warns of toxic crayons and markers
- Schumer Makes Stop In CNY
- White House tightens Russia sanctions
- Sen. Schumer announces upstate NY infrastructure proposal
- Brindisi, Schumer, Gillibrand: DFAS could face cuts with NDAA bill; Tenney says no
- Rome police: Fentanyl found on Remsen woman during traffic stop