ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities are calling off the search for the 1-year-old son of a woman who was found buried on the New York farm where she worked.
Crews spent nearly two weeks looking for Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, who was last seen with his mother, Selena Hidalgo-Calderon on May 16. Her body was found in Sodus on May 23. Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts says the mother's boyfriend has admitted to burying her, but not killing her.
The boyfriend, Everardo Donoteo-Reyes of Mexico, is charged with evidence tampering while the woman's death is under investigation.
Donoteo-Reyes is also due in federal court Monday on immigration charges.
The sheriff says they are suspending the search for the boy because investigators ran out of leads.
- Search for missing toddler ends after mother found dead
- Amber Alert for 14-month-old toddler after mother's body found
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing toddler, search continues
- Search continues in Wayne County for missing toddler
- Missing St. Johnsville woman found dead
- Missing man found dead in Oneonta
- Missing Hartwick woman found dead in Plainfield
- Missing Florida mother and her four children all found dead, sheriff says
- UPDATE: Missing Rochester area man found safe after Remsen search
- Cadet reported missing from West Point found dead