CANASTOTA, N.Y. -- A second body was pulled from the water of Oneida Lake Monday morning.
Oneida County sheriff's deputies have released the name of the person who they pulled from the water shortly after 6 a.m.
The man, 51-year-old James Gambini, is from Plains, Pennsylvania.
The body was found near Walnut Point Road, just about 100 yards from Callahan’s Marina, which is where a neighbor discovered Gambini on his morning walk.
The man originally went missing on Friday night, and neighbors say they heard screaming from the lake, for someone to call 911.
Since then neighbors have stopped what they were doing to help look for Gambini man, to bring the family closure.
It wasn’t just law enforcement searching for the man – it was a community effort.
The body was recovered in front of Theresa-Stabb O'Connor's home just yards from the area where the search began.
She said that the events over to past few days hit too close to home.
"I'm not one of their family, but I think we all felt it. It was right here in our yard we felt it. It was right here in our yard, we felt it we were all out there checking underneath all of our boats," said O'Connor.
Some of the neighbors recalled hearing screaming on Friday coming from the area outside of the marina. One neighbor said she heard someone yelling call 911. Shortly after, the multi-day search began.
"They never gave up they just searched and searched. There was always a boat going back and forth. There were buoys out front this way they were going back and forth," said O'Connor.
Now that the search has ended, law enforcement and neighbors saddened by the loss of life but relieved that now the family has some sort of closure.
- Neighbors praying for closure for family after second body pulled from Oneida Lake
- Deputies investigating after body is pulled from Oneida Lake
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- Snowmobile falls through Ice on Oneida Lake
- Body recovered from Oneida Lake believed to be that of missing man
- UPDATE: Missing Oneida woman's body found in field
- Search continues for missing man on Oneida Lake
- Vatican launches $110 'click to pray' wearable rosary
- Lewis County man allegedly pulls knives on family member