UTICA, N.Y. -- A second grade student, in Utica, fell in a stairway and suffered serious head injuries.
The Utica Police Department says the child is 8 years old, and was sent to a Syracuse hospital for treatment.
The incident happened on Monday just before 2 p.m. at Watson Williams Elementary School.
The administrative director of the Utica City School District could not comment on the matter and referred WKTV to the school's attorney. NewsChannel 2 is still waiting to hear back.
- Second grader seriously injured in fall at Utica elementary school
- Utica elementary schools to get special patrol officers
- Utica City School District to place special patrol officers in elementary schools
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- Woman injured after crash into Utica hotel
- Man injured in Utica assault, investigation underway
- Third graders make pillows for hospice patients
- Four Bellamy Elementary students, driver injured following Lee school bus crash
- Little Falls 2nd grader continues to raise money, toys for kids in need
- John F. Hughes Elementary School in Utica honors 19 area veterans