ROME, N.Y. -- Senator Joe Griffo's father has died – he was 95.
Griffo Sr. passed away last Thursday at the Rome Memorial Hospital Residential Healthcare Facility.
A mass of Christian burial will be held Tuesday at 11 a.m. at St. John the Baptist Church. Interment will take place in St. John’s cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to the Rome Memorial Hospital Foundation for the activities fund of the residential healthcare facility.
Joe retired in 1985 after working for 40 years for the city of Rome.
He was a former head usher and member of the Holy Name Society at St. John the Baptist Church. Griffo also belonged to the Nocturnal Adoration Society.
- Sen. Joe Griffo's father passes away at 95
- Sen. Joe Griffo officially steps in as acting minority leader
- Senator Joe Griffo named Deputy Minority Leader of State Senate.
- Sen. Griffo presents NYS Commendation Awards in New Hartford
- Sen. Griffo invites local leaders, law enforcement to weigh in on pot legalization
- Griffo to host electronics recycling event Saturday
- Griffo, AT&T kick off annual 'Cell Phones For Soldiers' collection
- Brindisi, Griffo secure state funding to fix Chenango Road Bridge
- Griffo secures funding for Rome PD's new mobile command center
- Griffo secures state funding for local theater, art museum repairs