UTICA, N.Y. – Business leaders, media members and school workers were honored Friday with the New York State Senate Commendation Awards during a ceremony at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute in Utica.
State Sen. Joseph Griffo, R-47, presented the awards to the recipients, who were chosen because of their contributions to the community.
“The individuals honored today deserve to be recognized for the exceptional work that they do in their communities and throughout the region,” said Griffo. “Each honoree has shown remarkable commitment and dedication to making the Mohawk Valley a better place for all.”
Here’s the list of recipients:
- Karen Carey, market president and chief revenue officer of Townsquare Media in the greater Utica region.
- Tom Clark, president of Mac-Clark Restaurants.
- Adolfo Cova, radio personality and Latino community advocate.
- Donna Donovan, retired president and publisher of the Observer-Dispatch.
- Frank Giotto, founder and president of Fiber Instrument Sales.
- Dr. Ajay Goel, local physician.
- Dietra Harvey, community advocate.
- Judy Ingalls, Boilermaker Road Race special events director.
- Sal Longo, founder and CEO of Northern Safety and Industrial.
- Howard Mettelman, retired superintendent of the Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES.
- Della Pray, U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant and JRTOC instructor.
- Tom Sinnott, president of the Bank of Utica.
- Rick Weltz, radio personality who served as news director at WKAL in Rome.
Award winners received a personalized plaque, commendation coin and certificate.