HERKIMER, N.Y. – The FoltsBrook Center for Senior Living held a holiday stroll Friday for residents to shop for loved ones.
The center has also set up a ‘giving tree’ with residents’ names and an item they’d like for Christmas. Anyone can come to FoltsBrook and pull a name from the tree to sponsor that resident.
“We take a look and we talk to the residents and find out something they are in need of or something they would like to have - and they put the item on the giving tree,” said Angie Dorantes, activities director.
Staff, family and others in the community are invited to choose someone from the tree, so all residents have a gift to open up for the holidays.
- Senior center holds 'holiday stroll' for residents
- New Hartford Shopping Center holds annual Holiday Stroll
- Holiday shoppers stroll at Folts Home brings vendors to residents
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Dolgeville residents hold benefit for flood victims
- CVA students bring gift baskets, holiday cheer to local seniors
- Spreading holiday cheer: NY Mills third graders sing to seniors
- CVA students spread holiday joy with gifts for local seniors
- Vernon Center residents discuss contaminated water issue