NEW HARTFORD, N.Y --- Sangertown Mall opened early on Saturday for Sensory Santa. The Kelberman Center puts on the event every year.
It allows kids that are developmentally disabled to interact with Santa in an environment that feels safe for them.
The program provided a quieter environment, no long lines, and pictures that could be purchased.
Many families including the Clance Family brought their daughter in for a visit with Santa.
"It's so special for her to be able to go and see Santa. She loves Santa Claus, and she loves her sister very much and the whole family," said Nancy Clance.
Appointments for Sensory Santa are reserved on a first come first serve basis.
Sensory Santa will be back at Sangertown Square on December 8th starting at 8 am and going until 9:30.
The cost to participate is free.
- Sensory Santa visits Sangertown Square
- Sensory Santa at Sangertown Mall
- Pinz opens at Sangertown Square
- Sangertown Square Mall now providing free WiFi
- Champs Sports reopens at Sangertown Square
- Sangertown Square open on Christmas Eve
- How 'Sensory Santa' is making a difference
- 5 facing charges following fight at Sangertown Square Mall
- New bowling alley, restaurant coming to Sangertown Square Mall
- New restaurant Green n Wave opens in Sangertown Square Mall