UPDATE: One person was killed and another was hospitalized in the one-car crash on County Route 104 in Stratford Thursday night, according to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Richard Giardino says the driver, 18-year-old Tyler Foster of Stratford, was injured in the crash and airlifted to Albany Medical Center.
The passenger, 51-year-old John Jaiken of Stratford, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sheriff Giardino says alcohol was involved, and the investigation is continuing and charges are pending.
Several emergency crews were dispatched to a crash on the border of Fulton and Herkimer counties Thursday evening, where at least two victims were trapped in a vehicle.
The crash happened on County Route 104 in Stratford around 9:30 p.m.
First arriving units called for the Jaws of Life to help remove the victims from a vehicle. A medical helicopter was also dispatched.
Crews were on the scene of the crash well past 11 p.m.
Sheriff’s officials on the scene said the agency would release information as soon as crews finish their investigation.
- UPDATE: 1 man killed, 1 injured in Stratford crash
- Man killed, teen injured in head-on crash in Vernon
- UPDATE: Florida man killed, woman injured in tractor trailer crash on Thruway
- New Hartford man injured in Verona crash
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- UPDATE: Syracuse man killed in Verona Thruway crash
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: Trooper killed in Montgomery County crash
- UPDATE: 4 Herkimer County Highway Department employees injured in crash