UPDATE - According to State Police, a second person has died following a two-vehicle crash in Westmoreland on Friday afternoon.
Friday evening 19-year-old Noah Lekki from Waterville died after being airlifted from the scene to Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse. Lekki was a passenger in the Ford Taurus.
The preliminary investigation revealed, at approximately 3:17 p.m., a 2005 Ford Taurus, operated by Lincoln J. Armstrong, age 17 from Rome, NY was traveling south on Bartlett Road at a high rate of speed when he observed a 2003 Toyota Tundra pickup truck, that was traveling east on Dix Road, begin to cross the intersection with Bartlett Road, after stopping for the stop sign.
According to State Police, evidence at the scene shows Armstrong attempted to stop the vehicle. However, due to the vehicle’s high rate of speed and other contributing factors, he was unable to stop, striking the pickup truck on the driver’s side door. The impact of the crash caused the pickup truck to overturn and come to rest on its roof. The driver and sole occupant of the pickup truck, Hector J. Rodriguez, age 42 from Rome, NY, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Lincoln J. Armstrong was transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Utica and was listed in serious condition.
The investigation is continuing.
- UPDATE: Two people have died following a two vehicle crash in Westmoreland
- UPDATE: Westmoreland pastor dies of injuries after being struck by vehicle
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Westmoreland woman dead in Vienna crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Four people taken to the hospital after a two car crash in Westmoreland