CAMDEN, N.Y. -- A Camden man was seriously injured in a school bus crash on Penny Mix Road Monday morning.
The road was shut down between State Route 13 and Wakefield Road after a crash involving a bus around 7 a.m.
A video was shared on Twitter by Matt Brayman.
Deputies say 27-year-old George Simmons was driving south when his vehicle became disabled in the southbound lane of Penny Mix Road.
Marvin Walker, 69 also of Camden, was driving a school bus south rear-ended Simmons' vehicle. Simmons car went into a ditch, then a culvert.
Simmons was partially ejected and suffered head, neck and back injuries.
He was rushed by ambulance to Camden High School, where he was airlifted to SUNY Upstate in Syracuse.
There were no students on the bus at the time of the crash.
- Man seriously injured in Camden school bus crash
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Camden woman injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Man sentenced to prison time for threat against Camden schools
- UPDATE: Person in custody following Facebook threat against Camden schools
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Pickup truck, school bus crash in Oneonta
- Camden man accused of trying to have sex with child
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer