The Solid Waste Authority recognized several local schools for keeping plastic film out of people's curbside recycling bins.
And some Mohawk Valley elementary schools made placement in the challenge.
First place was Rome Catholic School with 104 students. The school collected 375 pounds of plastic film for recycling.
And second place was Sauquoit Valley Elementary School with 399 students participating.
Third place went to Bradley Elementary School in New Hartford with 467 students.
Three schools took placement at the middle school level as well.
Remsen made the top spot with recycling 404 pounds of plastic film, Adirondack Middle School took second place, and Whitesboro rounded out the middle schools, in third place.
- Several Mohawk Valley schools recognized for recycling efforts
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Several Mohawk Valley schools nationally recognized for music education programs
- Herkimer County man recognized for heroic efforts
- Empire Recycling honored for continued growth, commitment to the Mohawk Valley
- GALLERY: First day of school in the Mohawk Valley!
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency