UTICA- The last day to register motorcycles was April 30th, but the sheriff's office says residents can still do it.
Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol said people who haven't registered their bikes and decide to ride could face fines anywhere from $50-$200, and possible jail time.
The Sheriff said the deadline is on April 30th, but motorcyclists are encouraged to get to the DMV as soon as possible, especially with the nice weather on the way.
"Get yourself to the DMV office. The quickest place is 321 Main Street right here in Utica, and you can get your bike registered and get yourself back in compliance with the vehicle and traffic law," said Sheriff Maciol.
Link to Oneida County DMV office hours: https://dmv.ny.gov/office/utica
- Sheriff's Office offers options to register motorcycles
- Fireworks options
- Stathis offers new option for Greek cuisine in Utica
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office offers cold weather safety tips
- Sheriff Maciol offers safety tips after police officer impersonation case
- NEWSTALK: Plastic bag recycling options
- MVHS Purchase option agreement deadline
- Mug Club: Escorted Motorcycle Ride
- Rome police offer safety tips for National Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month