TRENTON – A Utica man was killed in a one-car crash in the town of Trenton on Sunday evening, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 7:39 p.m. Sunday a sheriff’s deputy traveling eastbound on State Route 365 in Trenton saw an accident happen in front of him.
Deputies say 91-year-old Richard Hill of Utica was driving his 2013 Subaru Impreza westbound on State Route 365 near Prospect Depot Road when his vehicle went off the roadway on the north shoulder of the road, then side-swiped a guiderail. Hill’s vehicle then crossed both lanes of the road and went off the southern shoulder of the road, where he hit the guiderail head-on, according to deputies.
Hill was treated at the scene and transported by Prospect Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies say they’re still investigating why Hill’s vehicle went off the road.
New York State Police and the Barneveld Fire Department also assisted at the scene.
- Utica man killed in 1-car crash in Trenton
- Oneida man killed in 1-car crash
- Sauquoit man killed in 1-car crash in Litchfield
- Clinton man injured in 1-car crash in Verona
- Sauquoit woman injured in 1-car crash in Marshall
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- Rome woman injured in 1-car crash in Lee
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in New Hartford
- UPDATE: Police release names of 3 people killed in 1-car crash on Thruway in Verona