VERONA, N.Y. -- Sean Fewer, 24 of Sherrill, is charged with a DWI after Oneida County Sheriff's Deputies say he drove his vehicle off the road and hit a utility pole, severing it.
The crash happened a little before 2:30am Thursday in the area of Rome New London Road and Zingerline Road in Verona.
That portion of Route 46 has since reopened, after power lines were draped across the road, blocking traffic. Power was then cut to nearly 40 people Thursday morning. Power should be restored for the few remaining people by 10:15am Thursday.
The severed utility pole had a transformer on it, causing the power outage.
- Sherrill man charged with DWI in Verona crash
- Vernon-Verona-Sherrill students host maple breakfast
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- Gloversville man charged with DWI after crashing ARC van
- New Hartford man injured in Verona crash
- Mug Club: Sherrill Quilt Show
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- 78-year-old New Hartford woman charged with DWI in crash
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found