NEW HARTFORD, N.Y - Five of the area's top high school basketball players in the FAB Five Formal Wear Shootout Saturday afternoon.
The contest happened out in front of A-Vitullo's Men's Store in the New Hartford Shopping Center.
A basketball hoop was set up in a closed down area of the parking lot in the shopping center.
The participants being, Damien Cull from Rome Free Academy, Trent Adamson from Proctor, Tommy Morreale from Whitesboro, Jaylen Warmack from Notre Dame and Colin Ocxkowski from New Hartford.
Each of the players competed to see who could score the most 3 point shots.
Although their was only one winner of Saturday's shootout, each of the players went home with something.
"The winner gets his Tuxedo for free and the other participants are going to get their tuxedos for half price. And we are going to give a 200 dollar check to the winning school so they can defray the cost of their prom or ball and a hundred dollar check to the runner up school so they can do the same," said Bob Roth owner of A'Vitullo's.
Tommy Morreale from Whitesboro was the winner of the competition. He receives a free suit and Whitesboro HS received a check of 200 dollars to help with their prom and ball costs.
- Shooting hoops for suits
- Snowmobiles and bathing suits
- Hoops & Dreams, it's more than just basketball
- Judge rejects suit by parents of slain Democratic staffer
- Panel refuses to separate baby cases from other opioid suits
- Erie County clerk files suit over NY immigrant license law
- Hoops & Dreams summer basketball league will hold tryouts next week
- Democrats file suit alleging Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks conspired to interfere in 2016 campaign
- Sprint to pay NY state $330M in suit over unpaid sales taxes
- Holland Patent earns road win over Oriskany in boys hoops, VVS tops New Hartford at home in girls hoops, Oneida's Lauren Skibitski eclipses 1,000 career points mark