WESTMORELAND, N.Y. – Funeral services will be held Saturday for a man killed in the two-car crash in Westmoreland last week.
Hector Rodriguez, 42, died after his pickup truck was hit on Dix Road just after 3 p.m. on Feb. 14.
Calling hours will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Barry Funeral Home, 807 Chestnut St., Rome.
Rodriguez’s father and sister were at the crash site on Friday as state police were continuing to investigate the accident.
His sister, Francisca Guzman, says she will miss the brother she describes as, "a good person, a good worker, a good brother, a good husband, a good father. A good uncle…he used to play with my son every night."
Guzman says she and her brother spoke every day, and that's what she'll miss the most.
"And I know I'm going to miss him because he used to call me every day and every night. And that is what I'm going to miss...his call and every Sunday coming to my house.
The passenger in the other vehicle, 19-year-old- Noah Lekki, also died after he was airlifted to Upstate University Hospital from the crash scene.
The driver of the other car, Lincoln Armstrong, 17, ended up in the hospital after the accident, but has since been released.
- Sister: Westmoreland crash victim was 'good person, brother, uncle'
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Westmoreland woman dead in Vienna crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in 3-vehicle crash on Rt. 233 in Westmoreland
- UPDATE: Friends of Westmoreland fire victim say he had suffered