ROME, N.Y. -- The site plan for the proposed Hannaford Supermarket in Rome has been approved.
The new 49,000 square foot facility will be based on a "newer prototype.”
It will include a separate bottle and can return center, a drive-thru pharmacy and a pickup window for purchases made online.
The location will be heavily landscaped with trees to 'screen' the buildings utilities and loading docks so as not to disturb nearby residents.
A new Byrne Dairy store and gas station at the corner of Erie Boulevard East and Depeyster Street was also approved.
- Approvals granted for new Hannaford, Byrne Dairy in Rome
- Proposed Byrne Dairy site will sit next to Coalyard Charlie's in Rome
- New Hannaford store coming to Rome
- Construction begins at site of new Hannaford in Rome
- Hannaford recalls white American cheese, offers refund
- Gov. Cuomo condemns ICE raid on Rome dairy farm
- Trenton dairy farm gets state grant following devastating fire
- Hannaford on Commercial Drive back to normal after network outage
- Rome councilors approve extension for water project
- The future of small dairy farms