Robert Smullen of Gloversville has unofficially defeated his opponent, Patrick Vincent of Cold Brook, in both the Republican and Conservative primary elections for the 118th Assembly District.
Unofficial tallies show that Smullen received 4,145 votes in the Republican primary and Vincent received 2,999 votes. In the Conservative primary, Smullen received 93 votes and Vincent received 84.
Smullen will face Democrat Keith Rubino in the general election on Nov. 6. In addition to the Republican and Conservative party lines, Smullen will also appear on the Reform Party line.
The 118th Assembly District seat is being vacated by Assemblyman Marc Butler.
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- 118th Assembly District candidate Robert Smullen arrested
- Salka, Smullen, Miller unofficial winners in Assembly races
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Assemblyman Bill Magee unofficial winner of 121st District Democratic primary
- 118th Assembly District candidate makes campaign stop in Utica
- 118th Assembly District: Paige ends campaign; Rubino secures Democratic line
- Candidates for 118th Assembly district face off in Herkimer debate
- Rachel May unofficial winner of Democratic Primary for 53rd Senate District
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary