The Irish Cultural and Historical Society of the Mohawk Valley is the official name of what will be refered to as the Irish Cultural Center. Over the years there have been a number of obstacles to overcome from right-of-way’s to foundation work, but according to Developer Vaughn Lang, the work here is nearing completion.
"It’s limited by what’s coming from Ireland. Ok and that’s really truly the limitation. That’s why we have Ireland here today is to finish up down to the millimeter their project. Alright so they can go back to Ireland and build the pub."
The Center is in the process of acquiring the property next door for a parking lot, and now floors are going in. The Fire Marshall came to review occupancy’s, and they’ve cleared up road and sidewalk issues with the State.
The Irish Pub Company from Dublin is in town making sure one of the most important parts of the center (the pub), is being prepared right down to the finest detail.
Darren Fagan, is the Irish Pub Company’s Senior Project Manager and talked about the purpose of his visit.
"The purpose of this visit is to do a manufacturing site survey. We’ve already completed the design. The concept itself which is very unique to this building was done last year… actually 2 years ago, so over the last couple of years we’ve been advancing that design and we’re now at a point where we’re going to start manufacturing this week."
Fagan tells us no matter how good your imagination, this is really something you’re going to have to see to believe.
"When it’s all put together, because as designers we can visualize the whole package. We can show all the pretty pictures, we can show all the great fabrics, and people get a great sense and excited about it, but you’ll never ever understand what it really is going to look like, even if I showed you the pictures, until the doors open, you’re going to go wow."
- Sneak peek inside the Irish Cultural Center
- A sneak peek inside the newly renovated Veterans Outreach Center
- Irish Cultural Center seeking workers
- NEWSChannel 2 gets exclusive look inside Irish Cultural Center
- Sneak peek inside new and improved UC Dome
- New Irish Cultural Center job fair
- Irish Cultural Center liquor license reinstated
- Great American Irish Festival relocating to Utica's Irish Cultural Center
- Common Council approves Irish Cultural Center's proposal to buy property
- Utica's Irish Cultural Center to receive $1 million state grant