Old Forge, N.Y. - Winter cooperated nicely for this weekend's big three day Snodeo event in Old Forge.
Hundreds packed the Hiltebrandt Recreation Center Pavilion on North St. on Sunday and there may have been even more people out riding snowmobiles just outside the pavilion.
Organizers say Snodeo is the officials kickoff to the snowmobile season in the Adirondacks.
The event includes an opportunity for snowmobile enthusiasts to check out the latest snowmobile models from the big manufacturers, as well as plenty of other snowmobile-related items from the many vendors that set up booths.
On Sunday we caught up with one of the many vendors onhand, Bill Lux, a manufacturers's rep for Choko Snowmobile out of Quebec, Canada.
Lux says he enjoys coming to Old Forge each year, but especially this year with all of the snow on the ground, "Old Forge is a destination location for snowmobiling and it's just a great thing to come up and experience the sport and visit the town and some of the shops, it's a great area. The amount of people that came in for this weekend is unbelievable, it's a record to be honest with you. The attendance at the actual show itself might be down a little bit because the riding conditions are so good. They haven't been this good in years."
This was the 42nd year for Snodeo in Old Forge.
- Snodeo 2018 wraps up in Old Forge
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- Sports Express Wrap: January 5, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: January 12, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: January 19, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: January 26, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: February 2, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: February 9, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: February 16, 2018
- Sports Express Wrap: February 23, 2018