The second accumulating snow of the season has arrived today, and several inches are expected across parts of the area. Here's a look at snowfall totals as of 6 pm for parts of our area:
- Inlet 5"
- Old Forge 4.5"
- Boonville 4"
- Glenmore 1"
- Utica Trace
A mix of sleet and freezing rain has also taken place across our area. This looks to continue tonight, especially south and east of Utica. The precipitation looks to lighten up through about midnight, before another round of snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain moves through the region. Here's a look at additional snowfall expected tonight:
Snow comes to an end tomorrow morning, with a few lingering lake effect snow showers and flurries. The big story tomorrow - the cold. Temperatures are only expected to be in the mid 20s, with wind chills in the teens!
Record cold temperatures are expected tomorrow night, with overnight lows in the low teens and single digits.
- Steady snow tonight followed by bitter cold
- Snow followed by bitter cold
- Snow replaces the bitter cold this weekend
- Snow and bitter cold coming this week
- Bitter cold ahead for much of northern U.S.
- Steady snowfall keeping road crews busy today
- Snow, snow, snow
- With bitter cold approaching, Red Cross gives 15 ways to safely stay warm
- Bitter cold temperatures grip the area, experts offer tips to stay safe
- Tracking cold weather and snow this week