The second half of winter continues to stay active here in Central New York. Monday's blizzard in Oneida, Herkimer, and Lewis Counties was the first widespread event since 1993. The next weather maker is not going to produce these types of conditions, but it will affect tomorrow evening's commute.
Snow begins Wednesday afternoon, between 1-3pm. The snow becomes widespread and steady into the evening, with slippery roads expected after dark. This type of snow is denser than lake effect, meaning it won't take much to cause slippery roads.
Here's a look at the snowfall forecast:
The snow comes to an end Thursday morning, with dry weather expected to last until the weekend.
- Snow returns Wednesday
- Snow returns Thursday night
- Light snow returns
- Widespread light snow returns
- Snow, snow, snow
- Accumulating snow returns Monday night
- Spring snow returns this weekend
- More snow possible on Wednesday
- Snow, sleet, and freezing rain Tuesday/Wednesday
- Another round of rain and snow returns late Monday night