ILION, NY – The recent warm temperatures may have had some people thinking about spring and breaking out the old bathing suit.
While it might be a little soon for the rest of us, it wasn’t too soon for Howard Chapple and his friends in Ilion on Saturday.
For the past 20 years, they’ve gotten together, thrown on bathing suits, and ridden snowmobiles around a field for 3 laps.
They’re not just doing this for fun, they’re doing it to raise money for H.A.L.O. and their cat rescue shelter based in Little Falls.
They might not have had as many participants this year because of the lack of snow, but that wasn’t stopping Howard and his fellow diehards.
“One year I did cancel, and I regretted it. The day I rescheduled for, there was no snow. I had more snow the day I canceled. So I said to myself, never again am I going to cancel.”
Despite the lack of snow, they were able to raise close to $200 for H.A.L.O.
- Snowmobiles and bathing suits
- Rome Snowmobile Patrol
- Are Snowmobiles Too Loud?
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition
- Snowmobile Safety Tips
- Gearing up for snowmobile season
- 'Bed, Bath & Beyond' to close at Southside Mall in Oneonta
- 25-year-old dead in snowmobile accident
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Snowmobilers weigh in on 2 fatal accidents.