Colder weather has settled in today, after a mild stretch of weather this week. Temperatures are now below freezing, after starting out in the 40s early this morning. It's also been a very windy afternoon, with wind gusts between 40-50mph across the region.
As we head into tonight, a round of lake effect snow is expected to blanket the Mohawk Valley. The average forecast wind direction favors the Mohawk Valley. Snow is expected to roll in later this evening and continue tonight, coming to an end Saturday morning.
Snow accumulation looks to range between 3-6". There will be lighter amounts of accumulation north and south of the valley.
The winds continue into early Saturday, but will not be as strong as we've encountered today. Seasonably cold weather will continue on Sunday and into early next week.
- Snowy start to the weekend
- Our snowy week continues...
- Snowy sidewalks pose a threat for pedestrians
- Wet start but nice finish to weekend
- A pleasant start to the weekend
- Cold, snowy pattern setting up in the Northeast
- Multiple crashes close snowy Thruway east of Buffalo
- Snowy sidewalks could cost you this winter season
- StormTracker 2 Winter Outlook for 2018-2019: Cold and Snowy
- The Mohawk Valley Home Show starts this weekend