Some towns and villages across the Mohawk Valley have set times for trick-or-treating on Halloween this year.
Here is a list of trick-or-treating times and other events listed by county:
- Village of Frankfort: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Village of Herkimer: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Village of Ilion: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Village of Mohawk: 5 – 7 p.m.
- Town of New Hartford: 4 – 6 p.m.
- Village of Milford: 4 - 8 p.m.
- City of Oneonta: Closing Main Street for trick-or-treating from 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Fly Creek: Fire department hosting Halloween parade at 4 p.m. for kids in the district.
Earlier in October, the cities of Utica and Rome issued Halloween safety guidelines, including wearing masks and practicing social distancing.
New York State also put out safety tips and a list of other ways to celebrate the holiday outside of trick-or-treating.