Verona, N.Y. - The 28th annual Big East Camping and Outdoor Sports Show has taken over the huge Event Center at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino this weekend.
There really is something for everyone at this year’s show.
There are plenty of campers and pontoon boats, also known as party barges, that fill up much of the floor space, but there is a lot more for people to enjoy, including the very popular Big Mouth Bass Fishing Area where kids can cast a line to catch a fish.
That fishing area is put on by the Oneida Herkimer Madison BOCES Future Farmers of America and it’s led by OHM BOCES Conservation Program teacher Phil Lacelle.
Lacelle says it’s a joy to be part of this very popular show, especially seeing the young kids come in so excited to go fishing, “You should see their reaction. Their eyes light up. They can touch the fish if they want to, it’s nice to see that.”
Bill Woodruff, who owns Woodcreek Reptiles in Holland Patent, brought some of his reptiles and people flocked to see them. Woodruff says this is a special weekend, “People like snakes and reptiles. They see them on television but don’t get to see them in real life or this close.”
The Big East Camping and Outdoor Sports Show continues in Sunday from 10 A.M to 4:00 P.M..
- Newstalk: Big East Camping and Outdoor Sports Show
- Something for everyone at the Big East Camping and Outdoor Sports Show
- The Cherry Valley Outdoor Games
- Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy moonlit trail
- Former Big East foes Syracuse and Georgetown agree to series
- Cold temperatures affect people who work outdoors
- Outdoor retailer 'Herb' Philipson's up for sale
- Mug Club: Ava Dorfman Outdoor Music Program
- Arctic blast grips East Coast
- Reuters reports Remington Outdoor Company seeking bankruptcy cash