Dan Enea joined us for Newstalk this Sunday, February 9th, to talk about trying to form a new organization here locally to pay tribute to people's Italian heritage.
They are working on getting a Sons and Daughters of Italy Chapter up and running here in the Mohawk Valley. There was a chapter in Utica but it disbanded years ago.
There will be a free informational meeting on Sunday, February 9th, at Francesca's in Ilion at noon. Its open to members in Utica and the valley. The head Grand Lodge from New York City is coming up to speak at the meeting.
You can join them and officials from the NY Grand Lodge of the Sons & Daughters of Italy as they discuss how they can create the new Mohawk Valley Chapter! The officials want to know how anxious this group is to start their new club and to give back to the community,
Meetings will be once a month with very inexpensive dues. All nationalities are welcome. The Sons of Italy Foundation is a private institution established in 1959. It has given nearly 63 million to scholarships, medical research, cultural preservation, disaster relief and other causes.
- Sons and Daughters of Italy Meeting
- European court orders Italy to pay damages to Amanda Knox
- Rome couple charged in infant daughter's death
- Gran gioco Siracusa! Orange outclass Oxygen Bassano in Italy for second straight exhibition win
- Meet the Democrats
- Sheriff: Man ambushed officers questioning son
- Amanda Knox is going back to Italy for the first time since her murder conviction was overturned
- Mother, daughter suffer life threatening injuries in Yorkville house fire
- Bourdain leaves bulk of $1.2M estate to 11-year-old daughter
- Woman who killed baby daughter in '80s freed from prison