UTICA, NY – Raising awareness and raising funds.
That was the goal of the Pink Goes Red for Love Gala, held at the Delta Hotels by Marriott on Saturday.
The Nu Psi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated hosted an evening of dinner and dancing to raise money for the American Heart Association.
Just as important, they helped raise awareness about heart disease.
“Cardiovascular disease is the number one disease that affects women. 1 in 3 women die from heart disease annually” says sorority president Cheryl Minor.
Besides raising money for the Heart Association, they also raised money for their scholarship fund.
- Sorority gala raises funds for Heart Association
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Kristin's Fund Gala raises money and awareness for domestic violence
- NYCM Insurance employee raises $85,000 for Heart Association
- Gala raises money for J-Rob Foundation
- Cardboard Classic raises funds for Heart Run and Walk
- Kelberman Center to benefit from funds raised at 2018 Mayor's Gala
- Artists within UCP showcase work at Pieces of Hearts Gala
- Newstalk: Utica Mayor's Gala