SOUTH UTICA- A meeting regarding the downtown hospital on Monday night brought several questions to MVHS officials from South Utica residents.
Residents asked how taxpayers would be affected by this move, and what would happen to businesses who would have to pick up and move? These were only a couple on concerns from people. One topic also mentioned was the St. Elizabeth Campus and what would happen with that.
The Executive Vice President For MVHS told NEWSChannel 2 there have been many rumors, but said he doesn’t know what will happen to the facility yet.
He said his organization plans to do a feasibility plan in 2018 that will determine the best possible reuse for St. Luke’s, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, and possibly Faxton.
He said he would like to keep one of the buildings for MVHS use and sell the other two. He said everything is still up in the air.
- South Utica Neighborhood meeting raises questions about St. Elizabeth Campus
- One person shot on Elizabeth St. in Utica
- Neighbors concerned following string of burglaries in South Utica Neighborhood
- St. Elizabeth College of Nursing commencement ceremony
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- Utica councilmember: waive raises
- Utica fire investigators looking into South St. fire cause
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting
- South Utica methadone clinic scrapped
- The East Utica Neighborhood Watch tours 'The Bleecker'