BRIDGEWATER, NY -- Two adults escaped their burning mobile home unscathed following a fire late Wednesday in Bridgewater.
Deputy Fire Chief Erik DeKing, of the Bridgewater Fire Co., tells NEWSChannel 2 an electric space heater is believed to have ignited the fire.
The fire began shortly before 11 p.m. off Route 8, on Cottage Lane in Bridgewater.
"We initially got a report of trailer fire," said DeKing. "We arrived as the trailer was completely engulfed in smoke and heavy flames. We extinguished it."
The home is deemed a total loss. The individuals involved are staying with family.
Fire agencies from Bridgewater and Clayville responded to the scene, as well as members with Oneida County Emergency Services.
The American Red Cross is providing financial assistance to the two people who were displaced.